Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time to Think

Since I had a lot of time in the hospital. I did some thinking.

In the hospital you could watch a long list of movies they had. For some reason we decided to watch Evan Almighty. It surprisingly had a really good story behind it.
There's the part that really hit me,:

GOD (Morgan Freeman):Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

WOW out of that funny movie!
Over the past year I have been praying for 2 things consistently 1. Humility 2. Patience. While I was in the hospital, I couldn't do a lot of things by myself. I really had to learn to ask for help (one thing I struggle with) God really put me in the situation where I had to learn to be humble instead of just praying about it. I took the little things for granted. I couldn't cut my own food, take a shower, blow dry my hair. flat iron my hair, etc... from this situation I also learned to trust Alex more than ever. I have trusted him for over 5 years but the situations God puts us through, throughout our relationship grows my faith and trust in God and in Alex.


on a side note: If you have not seen me since October... you may not recongize me... since I was diagnosed with the gall bladder junk... I have lost 21 lbs. Yes it's exciting, but it's not the way I wanted to loose the weight!

1 comment:

Renee Scott said...

Wow Bree that is so encouraging! I'm thrilled to hear that God is growing you in the areas you've been praying for! I'll be praying for you and your recovery. I think it's about time for you to be completely healthy!