Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sent him home

For those of you who are not aware, my Grandpa went to be with the Lord just 6 hours before his 78th birthday. A man who never smoked a day in his long eventful life died of stage 4 lung cancer. He fought for so long. It really touched me last Tuesday, his minister can to pray with him and he started saying the Lord's prayer. My Grandpa, with his oxygen mask, attempted to say the Lord's prayer with him. There was not a dry eye in the room. My Grandpa is with Jesus and all of his buddies and I couldn't be happier for him.

The past two days have been so tough for my family. I will never go to a funeral or visitation the same way I have the first portion of my life. I realize how hard it really is for a family to say good bye to someone who made such a huge difference in their lives.

It was amazing...
At the visitation, I was touch at how many people came out to see him. There were so many people that we had to open the doors 1/2 hour ahead of schedule and it went on for 3 hours straight. It was great to see his old friends and people we hadn't seen for years. I never knew I was going to be the strong one that night. My family, the ones I draw strength from were breaking down in front of my eyes. Don't they know where Grandpa is going? O wait they don't... It hit me, they don't know the Lord so they (as of right now) don't expect to see Grandpa again...

The funeral was more than amazing... two of my Grandpa's best friends conducted the ceremony. It was beautiful to see how much they were touched my his works, love, laughter, and humility.
All the beautiful flowers, Grandpa shocked us all on Tuesday night, when he asked for pretty red roses at his funeral. We never knew he liked red roses... well he got tons of red roses.

I caught myself watching my Grandma during the funeral. I believe she conducted herself in such a manor it was amazing. I pray that I am no longer here when Alex passes, but if I am, I know I will be the one in the front making a fool of myself waling and crying so loud no one will be able to hear a word that is said.


Another Happy note: Alex starts his internship today! YEAY! no more circuit city... praise the Lord and thank your for protection over that situation!

No comments: